Friday, September 3, 2010

Grandma's Waffles - Labor Day Weekend


Being Labor Day weekend, I took Friday off to get the nice, long, four day weekend. Little did I know when I put in for the extra day off, I would have unexpected guests flying in to surprise the family with.

Dennis, Lea, and Lani all flew in from Colorado on Thursday night, and didn't tell anyone they were coming except for DJ, Lisa, and I. So we had a plan to surprise everyone, we said we were celebrating DJ's birthday party at my house that Saturday afternoon, and I even sent out calendar invites.

The fun began Friday morning when I told Grandma earlier in the week that I had the day off and would probably be coming over for waffles that morning. I then called her the day before to let her know that Erin would be with me so she made enough for all of us. Little did Grandma know, that Dennis, Lea, and Lani were with me, and not Erin.

When we were almost to her house, Dennis, Lea, and Lani got out at the end of the street so they could come in after me to surprise her. I then went into the house first, and she had the waffle iron going, cooking away. She asked, "Where's Erin?" I said, "Oh, she's in the car and will be in in a minute." A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door, and Dennis, Lea, and Lani were at the door, and she was so surprised.

No comments: